Go Unlimited, Improve Your Chess
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a credit?
A credit refers to the ability to click on any of the Decode buttons. A Decode is an explanation in intuitive language, generated by our unique artificial intelligence algorithms. With a decode you can do two things:
- Decode Game: Analyze an entire game and receive explanations for the recommended moves of a chess engine (Stockfish). This only takes about 60 seconds!
- Decode Deep: Analyze a chess position in-depth to receive a 360° analysis of threats, attacking plans, concepts, piece functionality, good moves, and more.
We usually recommend to use Decode Game and then lock in on 2-3 key positions and click on Deep Decode.
What is "Decode Game"?
Decode Game will generate short explanations for each move in the game.
- It takes only 15-25 seconds to complete the process
- You get excellent coach-level commentary on each move:
- You can use it for analyzing games you played on other chess websites or after playing against our human-like computer opponent.
What is "Deep Decode"?
Deep Decode is the heart of our service. It:
- uses more computing power to generate deeper, holistic explanations for chess positions.
- explains the position’s governing concepts and the recommended course of action.
- explains threats, player plans, and the best line that Stockfish NNUE recommends.
- tells you what you did wrong if the move you chose was a mistake/blunder.
- tells you what’s good in a move played that wasn’t the engine’s first choice.
What file formats do you support for uploading my own games?
We currently support PGN and FEN formats.
Are my games saved?
Yes, we will save any game you upload, and you’ll be able to tag or delete them. Most importantly – we will save every Decode you perform, be it a single position or an entire game.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
Annual and monthly subscriptions include a 7-day money back guarantee.
Pay-as-you-go plans do not include a money-back guarantee.
Can I use DecodeChess on a mobile phone?
We do not have an app that you can download yet, but DecodeChess is mobile-responsive.
However, not all features are available in mobile view due to the size of the screen.
The recommended way to use DecodeChess is a big tablet, a laptop, or a desktop.
Our Customers Use DecodeChess to Improve in Chess
“I enjoy the insights Decode Chess supplies, especially on the complex mid-game positions. Although I’m not a very strong player (yet) I appreciate the depth and explanations that Decode Chess provides. I highly recommend this app.”
“I have been playing the DecodeChess computer and using the Decode process to work through the various main lines. The running graph that is displayed is excellent as well. Whole setup is working really well and I am learning a lot, easily the best chess education around.”
“I am really engaged, and like the way it describes everything in human language and is easy to understand. I fully studied the Danish Gambit, and use it as my main opening now.”
10 Features That Make DecodeChess a Revolutionary Chess Analysis Tool
Click [+] to expand
1 Explaining the suggested moves of a chess engine in rich, intuitive language
2 Explaining your mistakes
3 Providing a learning framework with our Idea-Problem-Solution methodology
4 Explaining threats
Allowing you to toggle between before and after modes to see how the recommended move helps minimize your opponent’s threats.
5 Suggesting alternative good moves
Good moves are displayed in descending order and an entire tab is dedicated to suggested plans to win the game.
6 Revealing the underlying concepts of any position
7 Reviewing piece functionality
8 Human-like computer opponent
Adapts to your play style to give a balanced game experience.
9 Analyze as you play!
You can decode positions as you play against our computer opponent, which turns the playing experience into an instructional mode.
10 Smart game overview
A visual game graph and meta analysis of the game’s course, suggesting interesting positions to decode.
11 Stockfish NNUE engine analysis
The best Stockfish chess engine experience! With one click you can receive a basic Stockfish Engine analysis to any position, without the hassle of downloading it to your computer.
Secured by SSL protocol
Pay by credit, debit or Paypal
Less than 24h response time