Which Types of Personal Data Do We Collect?
- Required information: If you decide to sign up to our service and/or contact our customer support team, we will collect your email address and name.
- Computer and device: We might log your domain, IP address, region and other device identifiers automatically; this information identifies only the computer or device that is being used to view the Sites or access the Services.
- Usage data: When you decode a position, we will keep the information related to your decode, so we can monitor the quality of output you receive from the system and for you to be able to return to this information as long as your membership (not necessarily paid membership) is active. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
- Marketing data (analytics): We use Google Analytics third-party Service to monitor and analyze the use of our Service
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic. They use the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. For Google Analytics,this data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Other than with respect to Personal Data (as defined below), if you provide information via the Services, you agree that we have unlimited rights to such information and that we may use such information in any way we choose. Such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential.
- We collect only Personal Data that is specifically and voluntarily provided by you, for example, when you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address.
- We constructed the Services with the clear understanding that your Personal Data is private and that it should not be accessible to anyone, unless as otherwise specified hereunder, and subject to Section 33 below.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide customer support and product updates
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To conduct research, and provide aggregated, anonymized reporting about our general user community for internal and external purposes
- To introduce features of our Service so that you can make the best use of it
- To help prevent fraudulent use of our Services
- We may also share non-personal, aggregate information regarding Service usage with our affiliates, partners and advertisers. From time to time, we may release non-Personal Data in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in our Services usage.
- We may also use Personal Data to communicate with you regarding customer service issues. These communications are not promotional in nature. When you send communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and/or improve our Services.
Disclosure of Data
- We do not share or distribute your Personal Data with unrelated third parties, except under limited circumstances, such as to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Sites, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
Protection of Data
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Data as are customary in the industry with similar sites. Nevertheless, these security measures cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. Therefore, ChesStories shall not be liable for any damages caused by unauthorized access to your Personal Data and/or to your Account.
Transfer of Data Abroad
- ChesStories is a global enterprise and may maintain facilities and databases in different countries. We may, from time to time, transfer your Personal Data to one of our databases in another country. If the level of privacy protection in a country does not comply with recognized international standards, we will ensure that data transferred to our databases in that country is adequately protected and that the transfer of data to third parties in such countries is made pursuant to a contract or other measures providing adequate protection.
- Of course, the Internet is made up of a large number of international connections. If you are visiting the Sites or Services from a country other than the country in which our server is located, the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. We may also use hosting services located in other countries at our sole discretion, which will necessitate transfers of data. By using the Sites or the Services and communicating electronically with us, you explicitly and unequivocally consent to transfers of data as specified hereunder.
For how long do we keep information stored?
- We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, when you decode a position, we will keep the information related to your decode, so we can monitor the quality of output you receive from the system and for you to be able to return to this information as long as your membership (not necessarily paid membership) is active. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
- We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained. If you stop interacting with us as a customer, we will remove or anonymise your information after 7 years.
Opting out and Erasing Data
- By accepting these Terms you hereby provide us with your explicit, written consent to receive marketing communications. You may at any time choose to opt-out and to not receive these communications, by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email
- You may ask to erase your customer profile from our systems. For that, please contact our customer service team and have the subject of the email titled: Erase my Account