- This Privacy Notice governs the processing and transfer of Personal Data collected in connection with our site, available at: www.decodechess.com (“Site”) or with services, software or otherwise as provided by Decodea (collectively, “Services”), to each person (the “User” or “you”) accessing or using the Site and/or the Services.
- You are not required by law to provide us with any Personal Data. Sharing Personal Data with us is entirely voluntary.
- Our Services are intended for Users over the age of 16 or equivalent minimum age for providing consent to the processing of Personal Data in the relevant jurisdiction. Children under such age are not permitted to use the Services. If you are under such age you should cease to use the Services immediately.
- You may be entitled under applicable law to request to review, amend, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data. Please note that in case you request to erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, your use of the Services may be restricted or disabled.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ Personal Data to third parties. We only share Personal Data with third parties in connection with the provision of the Services to our Users, or other limited circumstances as specified herein.
- If you have any questions or requests regarding the processing of your Personal Data, or would otherwise like to contact us in connection with this Privacy Notice, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which Types of Personal Data Do We Collect?
- Required information: If you decide to sign up for our service and/or contact our customer support team, we will collect your email address and name.
- Computer and device: We might log your domain, IP address, region and other device identifiers automatically; this information identifies only the computer or device that is being used to view the Sites or access the Services.
- Usage data: When you interact with our Site, we may collect additional information, such as the frequency and the extent of your use. For example, when you decode a position, we will keep the information related to your decode, so we can monitor the quality of output you receive from the system and for you to be able to return to this information as long as your membership (not necessarily paid membership) is active. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
- Marketing data (analytics): We use Google Analytics third-party Service to monitor and analyze the use of our Service
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic. They use the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. For Google Analytics, this data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Other than with respect to Personal Data (as defined below), if you provide information via the Services, you agree that we have unlimited rights to such information and that we may use such information in any way we choose. Such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential.
- We collect only Personal Data that is specifically and voluntarily provided by you, for example, when you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address. If you contact us on various customer support issues or other matters, we may also collect data associated with these communications
- We do not knowingly collect or process any Personal Data included in Special Categories of Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR). In the event you become aware that such data has been posted to the Site or collected by us, please inform us immediately.
- We constructed the Services with the clear understanding that your Personal Data is private and that it should not be accessible to anyone, unless as otherwise specified hereunder, and subject to Section 33 below.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide customer support and product updates
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To conduct research, and provide aggregated, anonymized reporting about our general user community for internal and external purposes
- To introduce features of our Service so that you can make the best use of it
- To help prevent fraudulent use of our Services
- We may also share non-personal, aggregate information regarding Service usage with our affiliates, partners and advertisers. From time to time, we may release non-Personal Data in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in our Services usage.
- We may also use Personal Data to communicate with you regarding customer service issues. These communications are not promotional in nature. When you send communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and/or improve our Services.
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests, to the extent not overridden by the rights and freedoms of natural persons, as permitted under applicable law.
Will Your Personal Data Be Shared With Others?
WE DO NOT SELL OR RENT ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES FOR THEIR MARKETING PURPOSES.
Non-Personal Data, aggregate and statistical or otherwise anonymized data may be shared without limitation with third parties at our discretion. This information does not contain Personal Data and is used to develop content and services for our Users and clients. We share Personal Data only under the following limited circumstances:
- With trusted partners and third parties who assist us in operating the Services and conducting our business, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, Account maintenance, marketing and technology services.
- For personalizing your experience of the Services, including by way of targeted advertising on the Site.
- As necessary to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and fraud, and to guide decisions about products, services and communications.
- With Decodea’s affiliates and connected companies, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies.
- To comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Services, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
What Is The Lawful Basis Under Which Decodea Processes Personal Data?
- Certain processing activities conducted by us are based on the necessity of such activities for the performance of our Services and the contract between us and our Users.
- Other processing activities are based on the grounds that they are necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons which require protection of Personal Data.
- There may be certain processing activities based on your consent. In connection with such activities, you may rescind your consent, by sending us an email to: email@example.com. Please note that in the event you rescind your consent to the processing of Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the Services.
Will Decodea Transfer My Personal Data Internationally?
Our databases are currently located in the U.S.A. Some of our processing activities are made in Israel. The European Commission has decided that the State of Israel ensures an adequate level of privacy and data protection, therefore, in accordance with the GDPR, the transfer of Personal Data from the EU to Israel is lawful and does not require any specific authorization.
Any other transfer of Personal Data originating from the EU to a third country (other than Israel) shall be made in accordance with applicable law, including by providing adequate protection, or otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of our Users’ rights.
Protection of Data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Data as are customary in the industry with similar sites. Nevertheless, these security measures cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. Therefore, Decodea shall not be liable for any damages caused by unauthorized access to your Personal Data and/or to your Account.
For How Long Do We Keep Information Stored?
- We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, when you decode a position, we will keep the information related to your decode, so we can monitor the quality of output you receive from the system and for you to be able to return to this information as long as your membership (not necessarily paid membership) is active. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
- We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained. If you stop interacting with us as a customer, we will remove or anonymize your information after 7 years.
Persons Under 16
Our Site is a general audience website, which is not directed to persons under 16 years old. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his/her child has provided us with Personal Data without their consent, he/she should contact us immediately. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from people under 16 years old. If we become aware that a person under 16 years old has provided us with Personal Data, we will delete such data from our databases.
The provisions included in this Notice relating to matters regulated under the GDPR will apply only to the processing of Personal Data which is subject to the GDPR in accordance with the applicability provisions contained therein. If the GDPR does not apply to the processing of your Personal Data, some of the provisions above may not apply to you.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 as may be amended from time to time.
Opting Out and Erasing Data
- By accepting these Terms you hereby provide us with your explicit, written consent to receive marketing communications. You may at any time choose to opt-out and to not receive these communications, by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email
- You may ask to erase your customer profile from our systems. For that, please contact our customer service team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and have the subject of the email titled: Erase my Account.